January 28, 2011

Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2011


The picture above was tweeted by Matthew Marden, Details Magazine's Fashion Market Director at the YSL Fall show last Saturday. He's been to the Milan and Paris menswear shows and has been keeping me up on all the good stuff via Twitter while I'm stuck in Chicago. I said that Balmain was my favorite show of Paris, but after seeing Yves Saint Laurent's collection, I'm now enamored with Stefano Pilati's vision for the historic fashion house. The tailored and slim quality of all the clothes are contrasted by the loosely flowing overcoats; my favorite coat is the grey knee-length peacoat. The collection is mostly dark, with the exception of a few different colors, which I find to be funny because of Mr. Pilati and Anna Wintour's tense scene in The September Issue, where Ms. Wintour was not having any of the YSL's designer's colorless collection. As much as I would love to go to Paris or Milan for their fashion weeks, I am thankful for Twitter and Style.com because they give me the chance to be updated on all that is going on across the world. Thanks Mr. Marden!





















Bottom images courtesy of style.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...