June 24, 2013

Dreaming About Williamsburg


We all know I'm a sucker for real estate, especially real estate that's in New York City. As much as I would like to say that I'm a Manhattan-kind of guy, my budget most likely wouldn't stretch very far on such a expensive island. So what's a boy to do? Move to Brooklyn, that's what. Obviously due to a depressing case of unemployment and budgetary limitations, I am in no way moving to NYC, but I can imagine. And I will imagine myself in the Williamsburg apartment of Jared Geller, bi-coastal music producer, recently featured in Working Class magazine.

The tiny space reminds me of a male version of Carrie Bradshaw's UES apartment, with the bedroom open to the main room but still off to the side. The white-washed floors give all the rooms a sense of depth and they also match the original tin ceiling above, only being divided by the light grey walls. The apartment doesn't look like it's lacking any light, which is also complimented by the low-profile furniture, which doesn't obstruct any views or natural light coming through the windows. The apartment itself is filled with personal artifacts, likes, albums, and even a piano Geller got for this thirteenth birthday. I may not be cool enough to live in the Williamsburg area of Brooklyn, but this apartment is definitely something I can see myself living in eventually.










LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...