December 17, 2010

Planning for Idaho

Next week I will be heading west for Christmas, and my sister's wedding. My sister and her fiance live in Idaho and are getting on Wednesday night at a restaurant on top of a mountain with just family. I'll be there for entire week, and I could not be more excited to overhaul my wardrobe and dress for the ever so chilly mountain climate. I've never been to Idaho in the wintertime, so I'm sure I'm in for a real treat. I have already put together my favorite outfit choices, check them out.

Tuesday, travel day
Traveling on a plane is one of my favorite things to do, I chose to wear a crisp white oxford shirt from Gap, with a grey sweater vest from Banana Republic, a pair of Edwin jeans, and my Wolverine boots. 

Wednesday, day of wedding
I figure I will be rehearsing for the wedding all of Wednesday, so I wanted to be comfortable. I opted to wear a chunky cable knit sweat from Rhuel, a green gingham print shirt from Banana Republic, and blue slacks from Banana Republic. And of course, the Wolverines will be with me wherever I go.

Wednesday, night of wedding
Because the wedding is at a very nice restaurant, I definitely want to wear a suit, so I'm bringing my navy two-buttoned suit from Banana Republic, and to add to the winter season, I'm going to wear a brown silk sweater under the jacket, with a red and brown plaid tie. The shoes are my favorite, I bought a week ago from Haberdash, they're Grenson, and I haven't worn them yet. 

Thursday
The last two days will be filled with different outdoor activities, but since I don't ski, I wanted to still look like I fit in at the lodge, so I chose to this himalayan-inspired sweater from Banana Republic, a blue flannel plaid shirt from Banana Republic, and of course, my Edwin jeans and Wolverine boots. 

Friday
Another day of fun with the fam will only make me want to be comfortable, and warm. I'm bringing of my favorite shall-collar sweater from Banana Republic, and then wearing a denim shirt under it, with a pair of khaki slacks from Banana Republic.

Saturday, day of travel
Since I will be traveling home on Christmas day, I wanted to be festive, so I will be wearing my red plaid shirt from Banana Republic, and the same grey sweater vest as when I traveled there. Rag & Bone jeans along with the Wolverines will make the plane ride comfortable, and hopefully safe. 

If you have any suggestions, please send them my way. And on a side note, I will be officiating the wedding. I got ordained in Idaho this year and will be marrying my sister and Doug. Wish me (and them) luck! And, a post about mountain fashion is on its way, probably today or tomorrow. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...