December 16, 2010

Standard Luxe's Top Picks

Here at Standard Luxe, I make it my business to bring things to your attention that I deem note-worthy. I may not be successful one hundred percent of the time, but there's a lot of stuff out there that is pretty cool. After many years of research, I have finally put together a list of favorite things, Oprah style. I realize that most lists are traditionally comprised of ten things, but I couldn't narrow my favorites down, so I gave you eleven. All eleven items range in price, I'm sure you'll be able to pick out the big-ticket items from the items you can pick out at the drugstore. Enjoy!

1. Pentel Twist-Erase pencil
Absolutely the best pencil I have ever used. It is great to write with, and once you sketch with it, there's no going back. A fun fact is that designer Billy Reid uses the same pencil. And it has the best eraser in town. 


2. BlackBerry Bold 9700
I've been using a BlackBerry for about five years, and they are like my child. I am never without it, it basically controls my life. The Bold 9700 is my favorite so far, and I would suggest that everybody get one; it may finally cure tardiness, it did for me. 


3. Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots
Any Wolverine boots are the best boots you can buy, they're comfortable, cool and wear perfectly. The 1000 Mile boot is especially nice with the Horween leather. I got my first pair about a month ago and they are, by far, my favorite pair of shoes, ever. 


4. Scott Nichol socks
Every person living in cold weather (like Chicago) need a nice pair of wool socks. Scott Nichol is what I choose to wear because they are super soft and will keep your feet warm when tromping through the snow and slush on the city streets. They look especially cool with item #3, the Wolverine boots.


5. Jack Spade Canvas Bag
Because I am always running around, I need some kind of satchel to carry around my stuff, and I will, hands down, always pick any Jack Spade bag. They're strong, durable, and super classic for any kind of day excursion. 


6. Edwin Salvage Denim
To hop on the Salvage denim bandwagon, I chose Edwin jeans from Japan. I've worn my pair almost everyday since buying them, because I am trying to wear them in properly, and I am absolutely loving them. Adding a rolled cuff to the bottom can really add some more style to the jeans, and look extra cool with a pair of brown leather boots...(number 3, notice a trend).


7. Personalized Stationary
Writing on paper that has your name printed on it is a great feeling, period. I love my personalized notepad, it's great for writing to-do lists, or notes to others. I don't have any personalized envelopes because I think that might be over-kill, but maybe one day. 


8. Swank vintage tie bar
I found this tie bar at a vintage store in Chicago this year, and it has fast become one of the key essentials to any of my outfits with a tie. I love the classicness to the design, but the engraved braiding around the perimeter gives it a certain chicness.


9. Malin + Goetz Skin Treatment
I live in very cold Chicago and it does a number on my hands, so I like to treat my hands with Malin + Goetz hand treatment cream to keep them soft and supple. And the Mojito lip balm is like a softening cocktail for my lips. I use each once a day, and try not to over do it. Fun fact, the developing chemist for M+G originally worked for Khiels, but left to develop his own line. 


10. Goyard Green Card Case
This was definitely an unnecessary luxury, but I don't regret it. I love the small french case because it holds all my cards perfectly, and it's a positive pop of color that I normally wouldn't go for, but because it's so small, it's a nice surprise. 


11. Rolex Oyster-Perpetual 
No watch is better than the classic Rolex, and I have thankful enough to receive my Grandfather's. I hardly wear it, but I love having it and breaking it out on special occasions. It makes me feel ultra-luxe, and it really completes anything I'm wearing. 

Note: If you have any suggestions of what should be considered for out next list, feel free to leave a comment, send an email, or just find me somewhere in Chicago. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...