January 21, 2011

Wedding at the Beach


It's no secret that I like weddings, and it's a plus when I can go to one and get a tan. My stepbrother Dan and his wife Lindsay got married this last weekend in Puerto Morales, Mexico right on the beach, and it could not have been more of a luxe affair. The ceremony took place just before sunset on the beach with a group of white bamboo chairs positioned in the sand in front of a flower-laced alter, and then was promptly followed by a cocktail hour at the end of a pier just a few steps aways from the ceremony. After the cocktails, people retreated back to the resort for the reception which was an elegant dinner only feet away from the beach so you could hear the ocean. The party continued later into the night and was enjoyed by all. This was my first beach wedding, and I will admit that beach weddings have the ability to be a bit tacky, but Lindsay and Dan made their wedding one of the most beautiful weddings I've attended.











All photos taken by Tim Schroeder for Standard Luxe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...