February 4, 2011

EDWIN Denim


Denim is very important to me; I wear jeans just about everyday and generally care about how they’re made. My favorite pair of jeans is made by EDWIN, a Japanese company founded in 1947 by Mr. Tsunemi. The japanese man decided the denim he imported from America was expensive and inferior to what he wanted, so he created his own denim with greater style in fits, washes and superiority. I have the selvage raw denim, which means the denim was untreated when cut so they were extremely rigid when I first wore them, but after about 3 months of wearing them everyday, the jeans have distressed to my body and look like I've been wearing them for years. Plus, they are now softer than any other pair of jeans I own. I will only buy selvage denim now because I love that I wear them in myself; they look like they were made for me. Plus, because they’re raw denim, they are extremely durable and will not tear or rip for anything. You might even remember my EDWINs popping up on Standard Luxe’s Top Picks a few months ago.









Select images courtesy of edwineurope.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...