February 9, 2011

Rodarte Does Menswear


This news literally stopped me in my tracks today; it was announced that the sister team of Rodarte is releasing a limited line of menswear sweaters for Opening Ceremony. In the last few months I have been seriously interested in Rodarte, because much to my surprise, the line was started by Kate and Laura Mulleavy. The two girls are sisters from Pasadena, California and started the imaginative line from their home 10 years ago. I think the girls have done an amazing job creating a substantial fashion line that has the same qualities of other fashion houses with double or even triple the years of experience. The different sweaters consist of two cardigans and two crew-necks in the brands easily recognizable mohair “ragged” knits. As much as I would like to get ahold of a Rodarte sweater, they're retailing for $2,760! Hopefully the ladies of Rodarte will make a more elaborate line of menswear soon. 





Images courtesy of Tais-toi, sois beau

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...