September 17, 2012

Luxe in London


London's calling! Just kidding. But this London townhouse is definitely calling my name. If I could live anywhere in the world (not including New York City), I would choose London. Frankly because I like their accents, and the smugness that comes along with it; plus those accents are actually spoken in English, which is a plus for a unilingual person such as myself. Like my language palette, I like my living space to be clean, and without a lot of fuss, but stacked with style. This London home, was designed by none-other than John Minshaw, an award winning British architect and designer. The soft white color scheme makes the space comfortable, but still giving it that museum quality formality ... Work with me here, it's like living in a really casual museum. It's perfect for entertaining, or a quiet night in front of the many fireplaces. Also, the scale of the rooms compared to the furniture placed in them is really quite intriguing. The rooms aren't large in square footage, but the ceiling heights are in fact far reaching, so the furniture staying low makes each room feel lofty. Lofty, just like my ambition to live in a house like this one day. 










Photos courtesy of John Minshaw Designs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...