February 14, 2011

Faded Beauty


I honestly believe that eating in a place that is beautiful will make the food that much more enjoyable, so if you're looking to take a beautiful meal, try The Lion in New York City. The "faded beauty" feel was created by Meg Sharpe, filling the rather large New York space with antiques and a huge array of different art pieces. My favorite aspect of the restaurant is the salon-style display of the art, filling the dining room's two-story high walls. The man behind the much-talked-about food at The Lion is John DeLucie, formerly of The Waverly Inn. Mr DeLucie tailors his food to his surroundings, creating a rustic italian cuisine for his celebrity patrons. The restaurant was opened in May and has already become the hotspot of chic New Yorkers, of course making the chance of getting reservations bleak. I don't know when the next time I'll be able to visit New York, but I hope The Lion makes it on my agenda when I do. 








Photos courtesy of dailycandy.com 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...