February 10, 2011

Nicholas K for the Fall


Nicholas K sure can take edgy to a new level, because they know how to provide comfort, which is easily forgotten on runway looks. The one trend I noticed most about this show was the ever-present long-john style pants; the odd choice of fabric and design gets me excited because it is completely new and fresh. Pairing long-john pants with hardcore military boots, provided by Vintage Shoe Company gives a sort of "back woods" feel to the collection, but the top pieces maintain an urban aesthetic. As much as the long-john pants gets me all riled up, I am really digging the different jackets. Being a fall collection, all of the pieces were heavy, in regards to layer, which I love, and the many layers consisted of either traditional jackets, or layered sweaters with an occasional scarf. The picture above is my favorite look from the whole. This is a great way to start off New York Fashion Week, but I would like to know more about the designer; I came up short on any information from the internet, but I am sure with a collection like this, Nicholas K will get much more publicity. 

Side note: another shout-out is in-order for Matthew Marden of Details Magazine, who tweeted the top picture.



















Bottom images courtesy of style.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...