March 23, 2012

Grey is Great


Many people might think that grey is a boring color, or not even a color at all, but I completely disagree. It's one of my favorite colors, because it cast so many different lights on a  room. Take Francisco Costa's apartment in New York City that has a strictly grey palette. Mr. Francisco designed his entire apartment with a monotone color on the walls, but varied the other colors used throughout the apartment. The soothing grey color on the walls grounds the space, while his furniture and art adds interest. My all time favorite room of the apartment is the library, which ended up in my Animals in the Home post, but what I love most about that specific room are the two pictures mounted on the bookcase. I love when either pictures or sconces are attached to shelving. Take a look at the relaxing space, and notice that the bathroom door leading into the master bath is actually paneled to be hidden, pretty cool. 







LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...