May 6, 2011

Is There a Breeze?


I seem to get a lot of flack for showing a little ankle everyday when it's warm outside. I cuff most of my pants, whether they're denim or chinos because I like the clean-tailored look... and they make me look a little bit taller (or at least I think so) and they show off my shoes too. Now I am not going Thom Browne short by any means, I'm just eliminating the break, so it's a straight shot from the waist to the ankle. Also a tight roll (works best in a chino) will give the pant a slimmer leg, which I also like very much. Cuffing or rolling the bottom of your pants is definitely a throw-back to another time or preparation for a torrential downpour, but I understand why it was so popular. Speaking of downpours, an elevated cuff has actually saved some of my pants when getting caught in the rain, rather them brushing along a wet sidewalk. Also, I am looking forward to the cold winter months when I can keep the cuff, but show off some fancy socks as opposed to my ankles. 





















All images courtesy of Lavin Style Tumblr
Except image 2, courtesy of Sartorially Inclined

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...