September 5, 2011

A Friend in Ami


I love coming across designers that I feel like I've known about for while because of their gorgeous and timeless clothes, but in reality, I have no idea who they are, and Alexandre Mattiussi's Ami is one of those classics brands that is perfectly tailored and is modernly traditional that I feel like I've seen it before, but this time is better than ever before. Mr. Mattiussi has quite the menswear pedigree, having worked with Givenchy, Dior, and Marc Jacobs; his initials (first letter of first name, and first and last letter of last name) compose the brand's name, Ami, meaning friend. Ami is exclusive, only being sold in Barney's New York stores (not the Chicago store), and The Webster in Miami. The line is is reasonably priced, and will is coming soon to Mr. Porter.com. Ami's outerwear is great, but the the carmel cardigan parried with the grey herringbone blazer is my favorite piece out of the whole collection. This collection is the perfect example as to why Fall clothes are that much better than any season. 















Photos courtesy of Ami.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...