September 2, 2011

Get On My Back


I stopped wearing the traditional backpacks when I was in third grade... because I thought they looked "childish", and wanted something more professional (a natural third-grader's opinion); I took up carrying around all types of messenger bags for the next twelve or thirteen years. However, I am eating my third-grader words because I now see so many backpacks that are not at all like the ones way back when. The bags slung on each shoulder look sturdy, traditional, and downright cool. It's pretty common knowledge that any man in a position of wearing a suit everyday should not be lugging around a backpack, but some of these options are definitely suitable for a suit. If one should chose to utilize a backpack with a suit, the bag should have a lower profile, with a quality fabric, and a color that doesn't compete with the color of the suit. I think the schoolboy-esque Duluth Flatpack would be a great choice for a professional. While my favorite choice, for someone not dressing up everyday, would definitely be the knapsack-like Browns nylon backpack or the American-made Little America backpack by Herschel Supply Company. As a city-dweller, I do tend to carry some kind of bag around with me during the day, and I would be comfortable carrying around any of these. 


Duluth Canvas Flatpack


Burberry Allesbury Backpack

Cycling Pack Nanamica


Browns Nylon Backpack


Herschel Supply Co.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...