November 1, 2011

Roll It Up


People are always adding intrigue to the northern regions of their body with fancy shirts, cool jackets, sophisticated sunglasses, but why not add a little sugar and spice below the knee? I know what you're thinking, your shoes add enough interest below your own personal Equator... and yes, they probably do. But why not add another pop of personality by cuffing or rolling the bottom of your pants to show a little skin that is often left only to the imagination. Cuffing one's pant is the ultimate "cool kid" move, just ask Johnny Depp in Cry Baby. And if you have a graphic any kind of patterned lining in your pants, like the last photo, that's just added bonus.

That's me! And my interpretation of cuffing my favorite pair of raw Edwins. You're welcome.
We've talked about showing a little ankle before on Standard Luxe, but that my friends, was more geared towards highly tailor pants. That style is perfect for Summer, it shows sophistication, and your achilles tendon. But now we're getting to the season where we can see our breath in the air, so lets take our already perfectly hemmed jeans or chinos and roll the bottoms like you're rolling a... whatever you want to roll. This gives you freedom to play around with the proportions and lengths. For example, I cuff my jeans a wee bit higher when I'm sporting the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots, but I sport a low cuff when I'm sporting the Grenson wingtips. I know, lots of sporting, and I don't even play sports! So I pulled some photos of cuffing happening on the runway, and on the street. Look. Examine. And just roll with it.
J. Ctew

J. Crew



Unknown

Woolrich Wollen Mills

Tommy Hilfiger

Steven Alan

Bespoken

Unknown

Billy Bragg

J. Crew

Bespoken

Unknown

Billy Reid

Gant by Michael Bastian

J. Crew

Uknown

Unknown

Bespoken

Gant by Michael Bastian

Steven Alan

Woolrich Wollen Mills

Unknown

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...