February 23, 2011

Luxe in Chicago


I feel like Chicago is an untouched-goldmine for luxe designers, and one of those is Summer Thornton of Summer Thornton Designs. The beautiful Ms. Thornton has a vast experience with home design, and even has worked with textile manufactures in the past, which is definitely exhibited in the work. Her designs are the epitome of chic and have that timeless elegance-quality that so few designers have now. My two favorite things about Ms. Thornton's designs are the rich fabrics she fills her rooms with, and her use of chic wallpaper. I think wallpaper is such a great way to add a punch of interest to any room, because you can get a truly ornate detail that paint can got without. But while I was perusing her website, I came across Her Advice, which I think is such a good idea for designers to do. I listed her advice below, and I think her first words of wisdom is the best. 

1. Do at least one thing your mother wouldn't
2. Reference the past, don't repeat it
3. Use patterns and colors recklessly
4. Insist on natural fabrics
5. Colors don't clash
6. Never say never
7. More IS more












Photos courtesy of Summer Thornton Design

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...