February 18, 2011

Travel with Jack Spade


While in the Jack Spade store on Oak Street the other day, I came across this duffle bag that immediately caught my attention. I have been literally searching for the perfect duffle bag for over five years now, I'm not exaggerating. However, after seeing this duffle bag, I think my search is over, well almost, if it weren't for the price. The bag is made of Soft Waxwear, much like a high-grade cotton, which is then soaked in paraffin oils to make the bag that much stronger. And of course the bag is topped off with gorgeous leather trim and custom hardware. The two things that I liked most about the bag is that it has two buttons on each side to condense bag's width, which can obviously be reversed to let you stuff more into it. Also, David, who worked at the store told me a trick about Waxwear, he suggested every time is gets scratched (which isn't always a bad thing), you can hold a blowdryer to the scratch and the oil will reset itself, making it as good as new; I think that feature is phenomenal, especially if you were to use this bag regularly. The bag comes is three colors, a tan, a brown and a navy. I handled the brown in the store, and would say that it is the most practical. I'm sure I'll be revisiting the bag in the store frequently, waiting for it to go on sale. 

Photo courtesy of JackSpade.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...