March 7, 2011

Luxe Trend Watch

Steven Alan

Here's another trend that Standard Luxe has been noticing lately. The shawl collar seems to have been in full force this last winter, and is also popping up in a couple of summer collections as well.  I feel a little weary of calling it a trend, since the design has been around for years upon years. But I guess what makes it a trend was that it was not popular two years ago, but is now coming in full force. After counting my shawl collared sweaters in my closet, I'm working with about five! I am actually known for my obsession with shawl collars at my job... Anyways, I love a shawl collar because they are the typical casual sweater, but infused with a little interest around the neck; a man's answer to a statement necklace perhaps? 

Yves Saint Laurent

Ovadia & Sons

Ovadia & Sons
Banana Republic

J. Crew

Ben Sherman

Standard Issue

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...