July 7, 2011

A Townhouse, Victorian Style


Modern updates are my favorite. Taking an old style, and reworking the colors along with new accents can make any home feel traditionally new. This Victorian townhouse in Manhattan is a prime example of revamping a classic genre of design and architecture and bringing it to the twenty-first century without adding the stereotypical glass walls and stainless steel everywhere. The color is really what makes this home stand out, because it's not overbearing but compliments the home to the point where it becomes its own separate feature. My favorite room is the bathroom, featuring a claw foot tub and chic skinny stripes half up the wall, sitting on classic white beadboard. What I wouldn't give for a townhouse in Manhattan is beyond me, and this one seems to work just fine for me. Enjoy!













Photos courtesy of Elle Decor

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...