September 29, 2011

Rosa-Violán in the Market


The Spanish lifestyle is somewhat intoxicating; the visual charm mixed with the lively spirit of the Spaniards create a sense of relaxing chaos. While talking to my friend who has been traveling through Spain recently, I was reminded of Lázaro Rosa-Violán, the Spanish interior designer who infuses quaint Spanish design and history with bold new approaches to design and living. The Hotel Market located across from the San Antoni Market in Barcelona is an awe-inspiring building of grandeur and luxury, while still having the feel of a little Spanish hacienda. The woodwork throughout one of the dining rooms is my favorite; the white-washed feel of the walls is offset by the modern furniture, but brought back by the classically modern lighting around the room. I did not get the chance to visit Spanish on my travels this past summer, but it is definitely on my list of places to visit in the (very) near future... hopefully staying in one of Mr. Violán's hotels.






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...