November 4, 2011

A Luxe Fur Ball


It's no surprise that designers gravitate towards heavy duty fabrics when the there's a chill in the air, and this year designers did nothing short of that. I have always said (or at least for the past few months) that I love a girl who can wear fur. There's just something about it. I have begged my sister to wear a little pelt of something dead for quite a while now, but she refuses. I often times think the only reason I want her to wear fur is so there will be a furry creature in the house... like a dog, which she also refuses to let me get. And yes, I live with my sister. Deal with it. Moving onwards and upwards, women aren't the only ones who can sport a little game (get it?) this season. Menswear stepped up to the game and promised to keep the gents warm all winter long. The safest and classiest way for a man to take on this trend is to wear the classic fur collar on a wool double-breasted coat (see above, from Burberry Prorsum). It has a very soviet-look to it; basically I need that coat in my closet immediately. Or some can go balls to the wall and outfit their entire piece of outerwear in fur, but then they take the risk of being confused for a rap star, or pimp... or possibly both. But don't worry, there are some other photos below that show great combinations of fur and classic fabrics for coats this season too; your only options are not a former resident of the USSR or Ice-T. 

Trussardi 1911

Balmain

Salvatore Ferragamo

Rich Owns

DSquared

Balmain

Burberry Prorsum

Alexander McQueen

Dolce and Gabbana

Hermes

Ermenegildo Zegna

Iceberg

All photos courtesy of Style.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...