January 23, 2012

European Menswear F/W 2012 Trend Report


European Menswear fashion week for the Fall/Winter season was concluded yesterday, and packed a powerful punch of style. With the weeks worth of shows across the Atlantic, there were some key trends being done by multiple designers. Some of those trends please me, other do not. If only that meant something.

Ermenegildo Zegna
Starting off with a pleasing trend was the different take on the jacket; moving from the generic colors and fabrics of blazers, many of the designers showed blazers in different colors like reds and greens (multiple shades). I especially like this look because it's add a little something on a classic look.

 Ermenegildo Zegna
Secondly, a popular idea at the shows this year was dropping the shoulders on coats and jackets. It is quite contradictory to the trend of the tightly tailored jacket that we've seen in the past few years, change is always inevitable. The look is a little bit more casual, may be confused with sloppy. I think I can get on board with it.

Valentino
Another look that seemed to be prevalent overseas was the cape. Did I not call that weeks ago? This is a very specific look, and that takes a lot to pull off. I have to say that I enjoy the guts it takes to wear one of these. But if one is looking to sport a spiffy cape, it is most easily done when dressing for a very formal evening. They go great with a tux.

Burberry Prorsum
The last trend that I noticed this past week was the birth of the "man clutch". I'm sad to say that this happened, but I suppose there's nothing I can do. Many of the designers showed models in formal attire accessorized with small leather pouches that can only be called clutches. Everyone knows that I'm a big fan of the portfolio, usually worn at your side, but these are not the same. And it's just not good.

All photos courtesy of Style.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...