January 13, 2012

Warming Up In California


While it is currently snowing in Chicago, and cars are treating Lasalle Street as a slip-and-slide, I have been in awe of the West Coast style in this chic home somewhere to the left. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, I do love snow and cold, but I also like comfortable villa-type domiciles elsewhere. I'm not saying I want to live in these island-like getaways, but I can think about them. This specific home, styled by James Leland Day, is a mix of soft whites along with deep and rich beige. The natural and rustic element of the wide-planked vertical paneled walls throughout are nicely offset by the more clean-lined contemporary furniture. And the black and white photography scattered throughout the rooms are complimented by the silver frames, making them not so bold, but still having a major presence. All the rich woods seen throughout the home are really what make this home comfortable. Each room is better than the next, which is something that really makes a home what it should be.










Photos courtesy of James Leland Day


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...