March 19, 2012

The Button Game, Part II


Let's pretend for a moment that I am The One you think about when getting dressed in the morning, probably because of my passion for fashion intense interest in what you layer on your body. Just kidding, I don't really care. To each their own. Whatever. But if you do actually care about what is going through my little head when thinking about what I/you want to sartorially express next, you will have to acquire a great number of buttons. Yes, I'm talking about buttoning that woven shirt all the way to the top. Shatter the glass ceiling that is your neck. When you halt buttoning one to three buttons from your jugular, it can look pretty suave and sexy, but lets face it, I am not suave and/or sexy. I will then take the Amish approach to dressing by limiting all skin exposure - except for where it counts... my face, aka, heaven on Earth. I find this trend to be very minimal, and in my recent monotone-style of dressing (that being black), it gives a very linear look, which who could ask for more, am I right? Anyway, I especially like this look because anyone can virtually do it without have to buy anything new, and it really changes your whole look. Just try it. And shut up about it.

Oh, and obviously after reading this post, it's pretty apparent how much I love buttons. Feel free to read another post, where I profess my love for cardigans (because they have buttons). I may take Suze Orman's advice and tattoo a row of buttons down my chest, so it always looks like I'm wearing a jacket.





All images courtesy of The Sartorialist 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...