March 20, 2012

Not Sick of Dr. Martens


Gritty, right? Don't worry, everything in that pictures repulses me as much as the rest of you... except for the boots. If I remember one thing from growing up with three sisters, it's that Dr. Martens were The thing to have... I remember not being to enthused with them back in the 90s, but that's probably because I was still had cartons on the bum of my underpants. Enough about my bum, the English shoemaker is back and ready to rumble, so to speak. Having started production in the 1960s, and being loved by the British workforce, they soon transitioned into the shoe of choice for skinheads. So there's that. Now that their consumer has hopefully grown some hair, and compassion for other races, they are making quite a statement. I personally think that they were brought back after the Prada platform Brogue situation from a few seasons ago. But either way, they have some really nice looking pairs. My favorite shoe they offer is the Beckett, which is the blue number with the white sole at the bottom - reminiscent of Givenchy, another high-end fashion house. Either way, these are a great choice for adding a solid foundation to any look, literally. And the price point is really conservative for a well-made shoe, remember, they were originally made for British workman.






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...