May 2, 2012

Approaching Tacky in Boston (again)


Due to technical difficulties on my end, this feature was supposed to be posted last week, but because of my inept ability to do anything right, only the title was posted. Sincerest apologies. No wonder no one supports me buying a puppy. Anyway, in the midst of my slow demise that is the end of the semester, I found something to pull me out of my funk, and that was Glossed&Found.com. It's a snappy little online magazine that features short videos of cool people who live in and visit Chicago. I spent an entire night gorging on pasta and watching just about every video in their archive; they've interviewed some pretty great people, Simon Doonan, Kelly Wearstler, J.C. Steinbrunner, Corri McFadden, and naturally Ms. Piggy opted for an interview too. Almost all of the videos are hosted by Graham Kostic, the creative director of the site, who is just as funny as he looks. So while poking and prodding around the interweb, furthering my knowledge of Mr. Kostic, I came across his sweet little apartment in Boston. The tiny pops of color throughout are perfectly grounded by the classic color palette, all while being offset by the corky accessories scattered throughout. Notice I say corky; corky is the last stop before tacky. And I say that with great admiration, because the Gram and his partner, Fran made that same statement, 'We stop right before it gets there.' The home was featured in Boston Home Magazine back in September - I know, we're late to the party, but anybody that reads this blog shouldn't expect much. Graham and Fran recently moved back to Chicago, into an old soda pop factory, no less (why wouldn't they?), so I'm sure we'll all be anxiously awaiting another peek into their new home in Chicago.







Photos courtesy of Boston Home Magazine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...