July 13, 2012

Ready With A Redesign


Have no worries, I am still breathing. I am breathing the sweet summer air of New York City, which apparently takes up all my time and makes me too busy to write for Standard Luxe. However, I was feeling like a bad parent who neglects their only child, so I decided to give Little Luxe a makeover and show it the attention it deserves. Think of it as a fresh start, like you're tearing the paper off a brand new present. Friendly disclaimer, I do not promise to redevelop a regular posting habit, considering I'll be a quasi-New Yorker until August which as previously stated, makes me super busy and important. Since we're starting fresh, I figure I will give you a recap of what life has been like for past couple of months. If you're interested, you can read on after the jump, which is another new feature of the redesign of Luxe.


I've moved to New York City in the middle of May to work in the fashion department of a mens magazine, which is obviously a dream come true. The job is excellent and I like everything about it. I mainly schlep clothes from side of the room to another, or from one side of the city to another,  but I occasionally get to work on photoshoots, where I... schlep clothes from one side of the studio to another! Imagine that. Or when the magazine is really desperate, they recruit me to work a sock like nobody's business.



Although I work in Manhattan, I live in Brooklyn. My neighborhood is right across the water, in Brooklyn Heights, which I can only describe as having a small town feel in one of the biggest cities in the world. The streets are classically beautiful and ooze New York charm. 'The Heights' as locals/me call it, is great for a person like myself (almost a local) who is fresh to the city and is easily overwhelmed... it's great to work in the big bad city and then come home every night to peacefulness-ish (it is still NYC).



Now I am not a workaholic by any means, so I do try to get out an explore the city as much as possible. I had quite a laundry list of things I wanted/needed to do, and I have to say that I am pretty proud of my accomplishments thus far. One of the great things about New York City is the culture, and arts; for seven days only, Karl Lagerfeld held a photo exhibition of over a hundred celebrities wearing Chanel's iconic 'little black jacket', so naturally I visited that on opening day. I have also created an exploratory committee (of one) for the shopping in the city, which is pretty good, I guess. Just kidding, it's fantastic! The stores here are beautiful and carry the most beautiful things, whether it's a department store or a little shop, shopping has not disappointed.



Like the shopping, this city has not disappointed me once. I find myself becoming more accustomed to it each and everyday, making me want to come back to live here as soon as possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...