November 9, 2011

Drop-Crotch Pants, Making a Little Room


If you're anything like me, you can't wait to get old. Having an excuse to be cranky, not moving around a whole lot, blaming bodily secretions on any other possible culprit but yourself, and wearing adult diapers. Luckily I may be accomplishing one (or two or three) of these things at the ripe age of 21. As disgusting as the term "drop-crotch" is, I am very drawn this style of pant... probably because it has the ability of making me look like I'm wearing a diaper. Like I care. 

What was started as a minute-fad in the eighties, is now being reinterpreted into some serious menswear fashion. The stores are stocked with drop-crotch pants this season, and there are more coming in the coming Spring/Summer collections. As someone that loves well-cut, fitted looks, I look to these pants as the answer to being fashion-minded while staying comfortable. I, myself, have not tried to wear a pair yet, but will most likely be testing the saggy waters in the near future. For this specific of a style, there is a lot of variety when it comes to weight, fabric, cut, and tailoring. A plethora of options. You must be careful not to tread lightly with this look, because it may end up looking like you have a pair of bad fitting pants on. Poor you. This is a style that will take some getting used to, I was a little miffed when I saw it for the first time a street style blog, but have since come to appreciate the style, and all it has to offer. I mean, what crotch wouldn't like more room?

Uknown

People Tree

Rick Owns

Asos

Asos

Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair

Asos

Unknown

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...