November 10, 2011

Old to New in London


There's few things worse than living through a renovation, but it seems to all be worth the dusty price when the remodel turns into something like this Notting Hill townhouse. I, myself, remember living through my parents retiling our kitchen floor when I was younger, and asking my parents why did you dress me like this, and why exactly is the refrigerator in the family room. Looking back, that little job seems like a walk in the construction zone park, compared to this London row house; at one time, you could stand in the basement and look up all the way to the roof. The house is built new, but filled with old treasures. Mainly from eBay. If you look closely, you'll notice a quiet but powerful range of materials used, like the stainless steal island in the kitchen, sitting right next to rough-hewn wood cabinetry. It's like two time periods colliding to make a pretty chic pad. Also the vast collection of midcentury furniture filling the rooms is all a nice surprise to the classic architecture of this British home. 







Photos courtesy of Remodelista.com 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...