November 11, 2011

(Kind of) In the Army Now


So if you're anything like me, you're probably "not cut out for the army". Like I care. But just because I would rather chose to support my four fathers in other ways (i.e. fireworks and hotdogs a la July 4, and sometimes watching political coverage on CNN) doesn't mean I can't indulge in the insanely cool shade of green, patriotically dubbed army green. This color, much like warts, seems to have quite the staying power. Almost every season there is some sort of army green look in collections; it has a chicly utilitarian quality to it. And my favorite part of about it, you can wear it with black and brown.  I paired a linen army green button-down with a mustard yellow v-neck sweater last week, and it looked amazing. No one told me that, but I knew what they were thinking. This color is seriously timeless; it came about in the early twentieth century on military bases across the globe, and has migrated to the runways, and then into our closets. And if you want to go literal with this look, go ahead; try the color in a pair of cargo pants, or on a four-pocketed military jacket. You'll like a life-size G.I. Joe. Just don't go too far and match on the top and bottom, it won't work out. So whenever you're thinking about how to dress in a strong and cool way, but not in a leather and straps kind of a way, go for the army green. 

 Gant Rugger

Rogan

Balmain

Rag & Bone

Michael Kors

YMC Pants

Simon Spurr

J. Crew

Timo Weiland

Top photo: Steven Alan

Photos courtesy of Style.com & Mr. Porter.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...