November 14, 2011

Wrap it Up


There's nothing better than looking classic and cool. And when I say cool, I mean chilly. Staying warm in the winter doesn't necessarily mean wrapping yourself in a down parka and putting on a dumb looking hat. I remember many years ago when I saw a David Beckham in a dapper suit with none other than a heavy wool scarf. I thought to myself, that's weirdly nice looking. It doesn't make obvious sense to wear a suit, sans a topcoat, but with scarf. It would seem as though something is missing (like the coat). But low and behold, pairing a suit with only a scarf to keep you warm and (semi) protected from the elements is as snazzy as it could be. So take a look below at some interesting pairings of suits and scarves, and my newly acquired Photoshop skills. Yes, you guessed it. The looks below are actually styled by Standard Luxe. Enjoy and stay warm!

Alexander McQueen suit with a Polo Ralph Lauren scarf

Burberry cashmere jacket with a Turnbull & Asser cashmere scarf

Paul Smith jacket with a Marc by Marc Jacobs

Ralph Lauren suit with a Junya Watanabe scarf

Burberry Prorsum tweed jacket with a Folk scarf
Top picture: APC Suit with a Polo Ralph Lauren scarf

Styled by Tim Schroeder for Standard Luxe
Images courtesy of Mr. Porter.com


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...