January 3, 2012

Capes, Blowing in the Wind


Who doesn't love a cape? Well okay, maybe a lot of people. But I'll go on record by saying that I'm really gravitating toward the traditional "detective regalia". It is a style that was once reserved for magicians and their counterparts, but has recently been taken up by some fashionable people (see above, Nick Wooster). I was first made aware that capes can be cool by Paper Magazine's VP of Marketing, Drew Elliott on Twitter - @drewpsie, and his cape from DKNY.  Since then I have been imagining myself decked out in any of these fine examples of capes. Naturally these outerwear options are most suitable in the winter times, so black or any other dark hue is great, and won't cause so much attention to your fashion forward ways. A cape will also immediately spruce up any evening attire, such as a tuxedo, and was actually once the common covering of such suiting. So I just gave you a fashion, and a history lesson. You're welcome.

Henrik Vibskov

Comme de Garcons

Bless

Henrik Vibskov

Burberry Prorsum

Coute Que Coute for H&M

Burberry Prorsum

Paul Smith

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...