November 17, 2011

Buckle Up, Knuckle Head


I was raised in a household where I always had to buckle up. Since I've given up owning a car (and the passion to drive), I still feel the need to buckle something. I suppose some people would suggest I buckle my mouth, but I would much rather prefer to buckle the toggle notches on a duffle coat this winter.  This (usually) wool coats are the equivalent to a peacoat's crazy cousin. They have very similar DNA, being the fabric, while their way of holding it all together is a bit off. The duffle coat is made from duffle, a thick woolen material, with a front-fastening system consisting of walrus-teeth, leather and/or rope. Definitely the black sheep of the coat family. But a chic sheep none the less. The classic coats are generally made with a hood, so they're practical in cold weather, while its coarse woolen material is resistant to moisture and anything you may spill on it. I'm definitely not talking from experience.

Burberry Brit

Gloverall

Rag & Bone

PS by Paul Smith

YMC

Burberry Prorsum

Top Photo, Unknown

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...